Medicinal plants stand important role in the traditional knowledge practices. Medicinal plants and herbs are used in Ayurvedic medicines. So many plants are available in Buxar district. Villagers use the medicinal plats for common diseases like cold, cough, cuts on body, skin diseases etc. There are some local names and their usages of medicinal plants:
- Oil of fruits is used in skin diseases and in lice.
- Bark is useful in malarial fever.
- Tender twigs are used as toothbrush.
- Powder of bark used externally against venereal diseases.
- The fruits are recommended for urinary, piles and intestinal warms, crushed leaves applied on eczema of feet and head for inflammation.
- Fruit flesh in diarrhea, root powder as sedative, leaf decoction in asthma, fresh leaf juice with black piper (Piper nigrum) in jaundice.
- Seed powder with black piper (Piper nigrum) used in malaria, powdered seed mixed with Riccinus oil applied externally to reduce inflammation
- Leaf decoction with black piper (Piper nigrum) used as blood purifier, and to cure fever
Click on below buttons and Download PDF files for more details in this context.